Star's are high quality glass micro spheres resulting from the specialised processing of selected glass cullet.
· Cold working of metal surfaces, i.e. shotpeening and honing.
· General cleaning, removing of light foreign matter.
· Decorative finishing, polishing or matting.
· Used for the cold working of metal surfaces as well as for general cleaning, deburring and decorative finishing whilst retaining the dimensional integrity of items being blasted (e.g. pistons).
· For delicate thin-walled parts and thin welds, peening with glass bead abrasive material provides the right balance of stress relief without over-stressing and causing damage.
· A silica-free option for shot blasting, peening, honing, cleaning and light deburring
· Chemically inert and environmentally friendly
· Available in a wide range of sizes
· Can be recycled up to 30 times
· Hardness: 6 - 7 Moh scale
· Specific weight: +/- 2.5g/cm3
· Bulk weight: +/- 1.6 kg / l
· Free silica: None
· Shape: Round
· Storage: Dry and Sheltered
· Packaging: Paper Bags of 25kg net
Typical chemical analysis
· Si02: 72.55% (No free silica)
· Al203: 0.5 - 2%
· K2O: 0.88%
· Na2O: 13.78%
· CaO: 7.02%